Tuesday 29 July 2014

What's On My Face...


The make up in this post was all contrived around the lipstick - it's Topshop's Beguiled and I've had it for a while but, as with most wine and deep red shades, had put it away when the warmer months came along and had forgotten about it. I pulled it out by chance the other day and decided on the spot that I was wearing it that day and no one was going to stop me - whether it's still July or not.

With a statement deep lip you need a flawless complexion - this one just doesn't lend itself to tinted moisturiser unless you're Cindy Crawford I'm afraid (though if you are, by all means just stick with what you're doing) so I used my L'Oreal True Match in the shade C1 to get a base that was natural looking but had enough coverage to even me out and make my skin look a whole lot more airbrushed. I layered that over a base of Benefit's POREfessional, which I'm currently trying to use up. I do like it, and had repurchased it many times, but then the Clarins Instant Smooth came along and kicked POREfessional's ass. I'm afraid once this tube is done it's Clarins forevermore for me. Concealer wise it was MAC Studio Fix in NW15, one of my ultimate favourite concealers and not one I'm ever without in my stash.

For cheeks I used MAC Frankly Scarlett blush, which is just one of the prettiest blushers I've ever owned - it looks pretty terrifying in the pan but when applied lightly it gives the most gorgeous rosy flush, and it looks really natural too thanks to the red base - it's much more representative of how I look when I actually blush and (although it is July) it's my favourite winter blush as it always gives me that healthy 'just played a rousing game of hockey outside' look. For a highlight I opted for the highlighter half of Benefit's 10 (which they've discontinued. Boohoo!)

Eyes wise I used Harvest Moon, Cuddle, Cinnamon and a tiny bit of Frolic from the Cargo Vintage Escape Palette. Don't want to say too much here as I'll have a full post coming soon, but let's just say this is pure palette love. My Stila Smudge Stick in Lionfish provided a tiny bit of definition for my eyes and I then reached for the Bourjois Volume Max mascara. Eyebrows it was MAC's Lingering eyebrow pencil (my favourite colour I've eve found for my eyebrows) and I was done!

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty look, Rosin! I'm loving the shimmery eyes and that deep, vampy lip shade was made for you! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for crying out loud, you just look amazing woman, this look suits you so much!!! x

    ReplyDelete