Saturday 6 September 2014

L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara Review

L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

Now, here's the thing. This mascara isn't online. Not on boots.com or on Feel Unique, it does appear on the L'Oreal website but you can't actually shop from their own site?! And for about two years I could never find it in a store, so I'm not sure what's going on there. When I saw this in Boots recently I swooped in and grabbed it, unsure if I was dreaming or if this was actually reality - which it thankfully seems to be.

If you see this mascara in a store, grab it. That's the L'Oreal telescopic in the gold tube, not the silver. Whether it was discontinued and has only just been brought back, whether there's just been a strange shortage of it for a few years or whether it's back for good I'm not taking the risk and I'm prepared to stock up.

In case you can't tell I love this mascara. I grabbed it at the airport way, way back in 2010 and have been repurchasing since then - not many products can claim that in my collection - until the official drought of 2011-mid 2014 happened. It was a harrowing and heart breaking time which saw me only really buying high end mascaras as nothing else really satisfied me. But now it's back!

During the drought I did try the L'Oreal Telescopic False Lash Effect (the silver tube), hoping it would be the same, and boy did it fall short. It was clumpy, did absolutely nothing for the length of my lashes and smudged about under the eyes within a few minutes of application. Just not for me.

Why when they're from a similar range they're so different I don't know, but this one just ticks all the right boxes for me. It adds a good amount of length without being too much for day time, as seen in the above pictures, but you can also layer it up for a more dramatic look on a night out. And no matter how much I layer this mascara up it always seems to manage to not clump. You know that 'I may have really long lashes but I actually only have 3 of them' look? Yeah, you don't get that with this little wonder tube. In terms of lasting power it stays all day with no smudging under the eyes (a serious rarity) but it still comes off reasonably easily, the majority comes off with my cleansing balm and then I'll go in with a tiny bit of eye make up remover on a cotton pad to remove the rest. And it just comes off, no tugging or pulling required.

So, all in all? I'm back in love with this mascara and I have my fingers firmly crossed that it's here to stay this time!






No comments:

Post a Comment